HAUTLENCE is known and acknowledged for its original concepts in reading time. It adopts a think tank approach and brings a new vision to the art of watchmaking, while respecting its traditions.
Since its creation in 2004, HAUTLENCE has been a brand in a league of its own. It plays with design codes just as it does with its name – an anagram of the city of Neuchâtel in tribute to the cradle of watchmaking and to its expertise.
With surprising and sometimes unprecedented ways of reading the time, a powerful and easily identifiable design inspired by architectural principles, as well as a majority of in-house made calibres developed and crafted in its own Atelier, HAUTLENCE has earned within less than a decade the recognition of its peers, the trust of the most prestigious retailers, the enthusiasm of the most knowledgeable journalists, and a top spot on the wish list of collectors worldwide.
In 2012, its reputation was further strengthened by the arrival at the company helm of one of the industry’s most well-respected personalities, Georges-Henri Meylan. Together with brand Co-Founder Sandro Reginelli, they are currently writing one of the finest chapters in the history of alternative 21st century watchmaking, backed by a top-notch and highly motivated team and by the finest artisans of the region. HAUTLENCE is clearly going to make its mark on time. And on yours?
|Rue Numa-Droz 150 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, SWITZERLAND|
VORTEX PRIMARY CONCEPTS D'EXCEPTION
VORTEX PRIMARY CONCEPTS D'EXCEPTION
LIMITED EDITION 18 TIMEPIECES
HAUTLENCE HL2.0 in-house calibre including gear train and automatic winding system. Half-trailing hours displayed by a chain, retrograde minutes, mobile bridge-type calibre.
- Hours, retrograde minutes and power-reserve indicator.
- Case : Black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium
- Horns : Black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium, screw-in
- Crown : Satin-finish black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium with micro-machined HAUTLENCE logo
- Glass : 19 three-dimensional coloured sapphire crystals, scratch-resistant, produced by multi-axis grinding
- Alternating finishes : sand-blasting, satin-brushing and polishing
- Horn and case-back screws : Black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium
- Dimensions : 52 x 50 x 17.8 mm
- Weight of the timepiece: 48 grams
Calibre description :
2 barrels: one going train barrel (power reserve for the entire watch calibre including power for the second complication barrel) and a complication barrel.
Hours displayed by a 12-link chain hinged on a pallet system. The speed regulator ensures that the hour display changes in a controlled and jerk-free manner in 3-4 seconds instead of instantly. It completes 48 revolutions at each hour change. Hour system activated by a one-revolution mechanism mainly composed of a connecting rod and a rack.
Mobile bridge-type calibre comprising the regulating organ and rotating through 60° at each change of hour.
Movement kinematics featuring 90° changes of direction by means of special bevelled gears.
Automatic calibre with oscillating weight in 18-carat white gold.
This innovative calibre is protected by 3 HAUTLENCE patents.
- Dimensions: 37.8 x 33.2 x 12.35 mm
- Manufacturing technology: multi-axis micro-machining, wire EDM, LIGA photolithography
- Number of components : 552
- Power reserve : 40 hours
- Regulating organ : 18,000 vibrations/hour
- Number of jewels : 92
- Finishing: fine-watchmaking type (satin-brushed, hand-drawn, hand-bevelled, black rhodium coating and mirror-polished steel elements)
- Identification and numbering plate: HLR2 PRIMARY XX/18
- Minutes displayed directly on the case sapphire. No dial
- Hours indicator : rhodium-plated underplate with black galvanic coating and white Super-LumiNova® hours numerals
- Minutes hand : rhodium-plated galvanic coating with red varnished tip
- Power-reserve hand : steel with red varnished tip
- Black hand-sewn rolled-edge, rubberised padded Louisiana alligator leather, large square scales
- Black rubber; red rubber; blue rubber; yellow rubber; white rubber
- Interchangeability spring bar and screwdriver
- Folding clasp: grade 2 titanium with satin-finish steel plate
- 1 ATM