TASCHEN, founded as a small comic shop in Cologne/Germany in 1980, is today renowned as the world’s leading publisher of illustrated books across art, architecture, design, fashion, film, travel, pop culture, and sexy subjects.
TASCHEN is committed to both diversity and excellence, treating each topic with the same respect, and producing, designing, and packaging each book beautifully and uniquely. The TASCHEN program ranges from the game-changing Basic Art Series, the most popular art book collection ever published, to luxurious Collector’s and Art Editions with such cultural luminaries as Annie Leibovitz, Naomi Campbell, David Bowie, and Gisele Bündchen.
As a global publishing house, TASCHEN branded stores now operate in 11 cities around the world, while the new TASCHEN Gallery in Los Angeles hosts rotating exhibitions coordinated with the publishing program.
|Hohenzollernring 53 D-50672 Köln|
The James Bond Archives. Golden Edition 'You Only Live Twice' Edition of 250 + 20 APs
"Bond, James Bond." Since Sean Connery uttered those immortal words in 1962, the most dashing secret agent in the history of cinema has been charming and thrilling audiences worldwide. This impeccably British character created by author Ian Fleming has starred in 23 EON-produced films, played by 6 different actors over five decades.
To celebrate 50 years of this innovative franchise, EON Productions opened their archives of photos, designs, storyboards, and production materials to editor Paul Duncan, who spent two years researching over one million images and 100 filing cabinets of documentation. The result is the most complete account of the making of the series, covering every James Bond film ever made, beginning with Dr. No (1962) and ending with Skyfall (2012), including the spoof Casino Royale (1967) and Never Say Never Again (1983).
The stunning imagery is accompanied by an oral history recounted by over 150 cast and crew members, relating the true inside story of how the Bond films were made. Containing previously unpublished photography and artwork, as well as production memos from filming, this book is a comprehensive tribute to the legend of James Bond.
- Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the most successful and longest-running film franchise in cinema history!
- Made with unrestricted access to the Bond archives, this XL tome recounts the entire history of James Bond in words and pictures
- Among the 1,100 images are many previously unseen stills, on-set photos, memos, documents, storyboards, posters, and designs, plus unused concepts, and alternative designs
- Behind-the-scenes stories from the people who were there: producers, directors, actors, screenwriters, production designers, special effects technicians, stuntmen, and other crew members* Includes every Bond film ever made, from Dr. No (1962) to Skyfall(2012)
Golden Edition B, No. 251-500
- Signed by Daniel Craig
- Limited edition of 250 numbered copies
- Each comes with an archival, museum-quality print signed by Sir Ken Adam, the man who conceived the legendary 1960s and 1970s Bond sets
- Bound in full leather with gold finish and gilded edges
- Comes with an original strip of a half second of film from Dr. No