Antique Elbow Chair, Rosewood, English Open Armchair, Maple & Co. Circa 1910
This is an antique elbow chair in rosewood, an English open armchair by Maple & Co. dating to the Edwardian period c.1910.
A superior chair from Maple & Co. London, England
Shield back, open armchair design in a quality rosewood
Classical overtones in the holly inlay motifs and stringing
Good colour throughout with grain interest
Traditionally stuffed and professionally upholstered to a high standard
Finished in a quality striped cloth with matching brocade trim
Scrolled and shaped three quarter armrests
Slender, serpentine seat rail
Raised on turned and tapered front legs
Shaped and swept rear legs
Show back adding a flash of colour from behind
Carrying both a Maple & Co. label and stamp beneath
A very fine chair in very good condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 91.5cm (36'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee with all of our antiques.
- We ship worldwide with professional packing and attractive rates – please send us your post / zip code and country for a quote.
- Free delivery to most of the U.K. – Please send us your post code for confirmation.
- Deliveries taking on average ten working days to arrive at your door from receipt of payment.
- Please contact us if you require any further information - we are here to help.
Our Ref: 18.5014