TPG Hoi An Craftship
Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
The NAPOLEON was a 90-gun ship of the line of the French Navy, and the first purpose-built steam battleship in the world. She is also considered the first true steam battleship, and the first screw battleship ever. Launched in 1850, she was the lead ship of a class of 9 battleships, all built over a period of 10 years. This class of ship was designed by the famous naval designer Henri Dupuy de Lôme. France as a part of the alliance of the British, Ottoman Empire (now Turkey), and the Kingdom of Sardinia (Italy’s precursor) fighted against Russia, despatched the Napoleon to participate in the Crimian War (1853 - 1856). Although still combining the steam engines with a sailing rig, she marked the end of sailing battleships in the world.
Highlights about Napoleon model ship:
• This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
• No kits are use
• Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
• Meticulously sewn sails, keep shape and do not wrinkle
• Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood.... , timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
• The Napoleon model ship is built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.