Omega Constellation 14777 1961 Vintage Jumbo 37mm Auto 402
- Click the "Buy Now" button to MAKE AN OFFER on our website!
- Wechat Messenger: WatchVaultNYC
- Line Messenger: WatchVaultNYC
- Facebook Messenger: https://m.me/watchvaultnyc
- Whatsapp: https://wa.me/19147196431
For those who enjoy the heady rush of the chase, the Jumbo model 14777 Omega Constellation has the potential to have your adrenal glands a-gushing. Be prepared to endure the infusion of brain chemicals that feed and reflect frustration though, because finding one will not be easy.
The calibre 561 model 14777, at 37mm diameter with 19mm lugs is the forerunner to the Jumbo 168.001, and like its successor was produced for mainly the Japanese market. The case shape is very similar to both the 168.001 and the 14393.
In the Omega Far Eastern collection for two years, the earliest of these models was produced in 1961 and will have late 18 million and early 19 million serial numbers. The 1962 production models will bear serial numbers in the later 19 million range. The case back stamps will show 14777 61 SC and 14777 62 SC and carry the Central Boites tombstone makers stamp.
Dials were domed and offered plain and cross-hair versions. They were produced during Omegas short-lived experiment with the elimination of Officially Certified from the upper case script.
Are these models rare? I'd start with uncommon, and move onwards from there. Few surface, and examples in immaculate condition are very hard to find.
(credit: Omega Constellation Collectors)
- Case is still sharp, dial is in an extraordinary state of preservation. Correct 19mm end links for the BOR bracelet. Incredibly, comes with original box, papers and manuals - almost impossible to find all together for this already uncommon and desirable vintage model. Easily a prized piece in a vintage Omega collection.
- We consider this watch, as shown in the pictures, as Excellent
Manufacturers Box and Papers
Also includes manual and chronometer certificate
In-House Test Results**:
Bench-run for at least 24 hours. All watch functions tested and operable.
Observed rate: keeps good time at 12s/d
Bracelet Sizing: up to 7.25 inches
Service History: unknown
*Photographed watch is the actual watch for sale - we do not use stock photos. Photos significantly convey the condition of this watch. Grades are the listing text and pictures summarized into a simple-to-understand score, not to be confused with TZ or other grading systems.
**Instantaneous measurements using a timegrapher in 6 positions. Use only as a baseline. Test conditions and wearing habits will affect your results. Unserviced watches are not tested for WR or PR. Bracelet size measured using a ruler or mandrel. A comfortable bracelet size may vary from your measured wrist size. No explicit or implied warranties.