The donor Yamaha SR500 was originally bought to be ridden before the conception of Auto Fabrica and was quickly stripped down ready to become Type 2 thereafter.
Work began during the build of Type 1 and was intended to portray a similar style but with a more classical 'cafe racer' twist. Simplicity, lightweight and functional industrial design features drives the aesthetic. Racing inspired ergonomics, kick-start and uprated suspension give this bike the ride-ability every true motorcyclist is looking for.
The final design with it's refined colour, material and finish choices started to talk with that of the Type 1 and so the DNA of Auto Fabrica really started to take shape. Another bike still in the possession and on display in pride of place at the AF Headquarters.
- Model : Yamaha SR500
- Frame : Lightened + De-Lugged + rear loop addition
- Engine : Fully rebuilt Exhaust: Hand bent stainlees steel
- Suspension : Front Uprated internals Rear uprated shocks
- Wheels : 19" Front , 18" Rear
- Bodywork : Custom aluminium tank Aluminium seat
- Colour + Trim : Grey paint with white inserts Brown leather